AEM’s 4 Channel digital multi-channel Twin-Fire Ignition is a multiple-spark twin-capacitive discharge ignition system. The Twin Fire ignition delivers full energy to the spark plug at engine speeds exceeding 10,000 RPM, regardless of the time between ignition events, ensuring that pressurized fuel mixtures are thoroughly ignited. Standard inductive ignition systems typically produce around 250 volts on the coil primary. The Twin Fire’s capacitive discharge ignition (CDI) produces a fast, high energy pulse that is applied to the ignition coil that is over 500 volts. This higher primary voltage is what allows the Twin Fire to produce a much higher spark voltage. A typical ignition coil (1:100 turns ratio) with an inductive ignition will produce about 25,000 volts to the spark plug, but using the Twin Fire with the same coil will produce 50,000 volts or more at the spark plug.
If you have either a high compression, high boost, high RPM or a high horsepower car that demands a lot of spark energy, the AEM Twin Fire is an ideal solution for your ignition system needs.
- Works with coil-on plug and distributed spark systems
- 540v primary/54,000v secondary voltage energy \175-189mJ spark energy per capacitor
- Multi-Strike capability of up to 10 sparks per ignition trigger (20 degrees)
- Smallest (5.5” x 4.625” x 1.375”) and lightest (1.7lbs) CDI on the market
- The 30-2821 is for up to Four Cylinder Engines Full spark energy with battery voltage as low as 9v Tachometer output included Extruded enclosure