Cobb Big SF Intake WRX 2015+
The COBB Big SF Intake for the 2015-2020 WRX removes the restrictive oem air box, MAF housing and intake tube replacing it with larger 3 inch diameter tubing allowing the engine and turbo to breath much better. The SF Intake system utilizes several unique features to maintain optimal flow and performance while eliminating turbulence at the MAF sensor. It also features an air box to separate the filter from the hot engine bay in order to keep intake temps low.
The SF intake starts at the top with a custom conical cloth air-filter element with huge 3″ inlet leading into the MAF sensor housing with an unique air flow straightening design to smooth the incoming air flow as it passes the Mass Air Flow sensor for precise readings and smooth engine operation. The unique 3 inch design seen below is a key feature allowing for more air flow and custom MAF calibrations needed for high power builds.
Why upgrade to the Cobb Big SF Intake?
- Increase engine performance (7-20% increase available with Pro tune and Intake)
- Increased engine/turbo and BOV sound, after installing the SF intake you will notice the sound of the turbo spooling and the BOV MUCH more than stock.
- Easy install! Full install can be done with basic hand tools in less than 1 hour by just about anyone.
- Large Diameter 3″ mandrel bent intake pipe and MAF housing. All aftermarket intakes for 2015+ Subarus should be Pro tuned, regardless of manufacturer in order to ensure the MAF sensor reads properly and the engine operates within safe parameters.
- Air box (pictured below) delivers cool fresh air to keeping heat from the engine bay out.
The Cobb SF Air Box adds the benefits of a cold air intake to the outstanding performance of the SF Intake. The factory inlet directs cold air from the front grill to the SF Air, which encloses the SF intake. Hot engine bay air that robs horsepower is prevented from entering the intake system. This unique design also separates rainwater from the intake air, eliminating the water ingestion issues that plague in-fender cold air intakes.
Easy installation, complete plug and play kit:
- Connects to your vehicle stock mounting point
- Pre fit mounting bracket
- Pre formed 3″ Cloth air filter
- Over sized 3″ tubing allow increased air flow and custom MAF scaling for high power engines
- CAD Air box keeps intake temps down by shielding the filter from the hot engine bay
- Full AccessPort support via OTS maps or custom tunes
Brewed Motorsports supports Cobb SF intake systems through our normal Tuning service as well as our E-Tune services for those customers in remote locations who don’t have access to a professional tuner.
Special Cobb AP Pro Tune offer:
Receive $50 instant credit towards any of our Cobb AP Pro tune services when you order a Cobb SF intake. A custom Pro Tune will get your WRX running strong and making reliable power. All Pro tunes are calibrated to eliminate engine knock and run the engine at a safe yet efficient AFR. This allows us to make more power with more reliable results compared to any OTS map.