Carbon Fiber Intake Cobb Redline STI 2015-21
The Cobb Redline Intake for the 2015-2021 STI part # 725350 removes the restrictive oem air box allowing the engine to breath much better. The Redline carbon intake system utilizes several unique features to maintain optimal flow and performance while eliminating turbulence at the MAF sensor. It also features a full carbon fiber air box and ram air inlet that separates the filter from the hot engine bay in order to keep intake temps low.
The Redline Carbon Fiber Intake seamlessly blends performance and aesthetics to bring the ultimate intake for your 2015-2021 WRX STI. Constructed of 2×2 twill carbon fiber and finished in a high quality gloss clear coat, the intake system’s presence in your engine bay does not go unnoticed.
The main airbox is constructed of multiple layers of 2×2 twill carbon fiber sheets for a true carbon intake through and through. High quality gloss clear finish provides fade resistance from heat and UV light. A bespoke black Redline badge sits at the front of the integrated intake ducting. Air is filtered through a 35% larger (when compared to the standard SF Intake) pre-oiled filter and routed to the MAF housing which is bolted to the airbox by way of a black anodized billet aluminum adapter. The wire-reinforced black silicone coupler is sealed on either end with black anodized clamps for a very sleek install. A second billet plate can be removed from the fender side of the airbox to increase airflow and audible intake sounds of the system.
Velocity Stack MAF Housing:
This intake system utilizes several unique features in an effort to maintain optimal flow for performance while minimizing turbulence. A custom conical air-filter element, CFD-designed velocity stack and unique air flow straightener grid are designed to smooth the incoming air flow as it passes the Mass Air Flow sensor for precise readings. The one piece high temperature plastic composite design saves weight and reduces heat transfer.
Have a close look at the pictures above and you will see the Velocity stack and “air flow grid” that sets the Cobb SF intake apart. We can not stress enough how important it is to use a well designed MAF housing on a Subaru application!
Why upgrade to the Cobb Redline Intake?
- Increase engine performance (8-22% increase available with Pro tune and Intake)
- Increased engine/turbo and BOV sound, after installing the Redline carbon intake you will notice the sound of the turbo spooling and the BOV MUCH more than stock.
- Easy install! Full install can be done with basic hand tools in less than 1 hour by just about anyone.
- The only Intake that with standard MAF housing with a velocity stack, airflow straighteners and composite body for ultimate performance. All aftermarket intakes for 2015+ Subarus should be Pro tuned, regardless of manufacturer in order to ensure the MAF sensor reads properly and the engine operates within safe parameters.
- Air box (pictured below) delivers cool fresh air to keeping heat from the engine bay out.
Easy installation, complete plug and play kit:
- Connects to your vehicle stock mounting point
- Pre fit mounting bracket
- Pre formed 4″ Cloth air filter
- CAD MAF housing with Velocity stack & air flow grid (this means CLEAN MAF signals)
- CAD Air box keeps intake temps down by shielding the filter from the hot engine bay
- Full AccessPort support with custom pro tunes aka Etunes
Installation of the Redline Intake is as simple as it comes for intakes with an integrated airbox and scoop. Follow our detailed instructions to install the supplied brackets and the entire assembly can be dropped in within a few minutes. Serviceability of the intake air filter is also straight forward once the initial installation has been completed.
Brewed Motorsports supports Cobb Redline intake systems through our normal Tuning service as well as our E-Tune services for those customers in remote locations who don’t have access to a professional tuner. **ALL Cobb Redline intakes are for off road motorsports use only. Cobb is currently applying for CARB approval on this intake as of 2021**