Cobb Green speed EPA regulations update tuning modified Subaru's.
On april 18th Cobb changed everything. Long story short Cobb Tuning removed a lot from their software functionality per EPA regulations and the software is now much different and more limited only supporting the areas allowed by the EPA. While the new software update limits some things we are still tuning Cobb AP daily and making great power! Cobb is also currently developing new CANbus based flex fuel kits among other power adding parts that will all fit within the EPA’s new regulations. We will be offering special pricing for all returning customers making updated modifications to best utilize the new Cobb AP abilities and Cobb’s green speed program. We fully support the Cobb Green Speed program and are excited to be tuning efficient, powerful and CLEAN Subaru’s using the Cobb AP and our Etune services.
We of course are here to support you with you Cobb AP or any other engine management system you choose to use. For those building competitive race cars; We normally use full Motorsports grade ECU packages such as: Plug n Play Motec M150 ecu package 08+ sti as well as plug and play Haltech ecu package and Emtron ECU plug n play ECU kits for race cars looking to maintain functions like flex fuel but also add motorsports controls and engine safety strategies. Again we are also continuing support for cobb AP with Etunes and live tuning. For those using Cobb you will be forced to stay with the limitations of new Cobb Green speed update. Not to fear though, we are making great power with WRX and STI’s fully equipped with all emissions equipment including OEM downpipe!
Below are just a few of our most popular and race proven STI, WRX parts and packages along with a special coupon code to help you save some $ on your next order. Please note we are proudly offering all of Cobb Tunings latest products including EPA/CARB approved intakes and exhausts for all turbo Subaru applications. If you need help modifying your car to get back into compliance with the green speed initiative please don’t hesitate to contact us, we are happy to supply any aftermarket OR OEM Subaru parts you need.
- WRX Etune: Cobb AccessPort, custom tune for any WRX on AP. Bolt on mods to fully built race cars supported using the Cobb Green Speed Updated software.
- STI Etune: Cobb AP protune, custom tune for your STI’s AP. From bolt on mods to fully built race car using the Cobb Green Speed Updated software.
- Subaru WRX and STI Haltech Elite ecu packages: VE plug n play adapter harness delivers a clean/simple plug n play harness to adapt your EJ25 powered Subaru to run the Haltech Elite 2500 ECU.
- Subaru STI Motec M150 ecu kit: Plug n Play harness + ECU using the best motorsports grade ECU available. If you have a serious build this is the ECU package for you.
- STI EMtron ECU packages: Please give us a call for the latest Emtron ECU packages and pricing. These all NEW plug n play kits for 2015+ sti are not yet listed for sale on our website so you will need to call or email.**
- STI Link ECU Plug and Play for 2007-2011 USDM STI & WRX using Denso ecu.
- Cobb Tuning Carbon Fiber intake for 2015-2022 STI, Cobb Redline series
- AEM 5 bar MAP sensor (reliable Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor)
- AEM air intake temp sensor DTM connector
- AEM 150psi fuel pressure sensor (Engine safety feature, allows ECU to compensate for drop in fuel pressure)
- 3 port electric boost control solenoid (ebcs allows ECU to control boost target, very important for engine safety)
- AEM X series AFR gauge (used to provide a wideband AFR signal to the ECU for accurate tuning, CANbus and Analog outputs with LED display).
- ID1050x STI (Injector Dynamics 1050cc for WRX and STI)
- ID1300x STI (Injector Dynamics 1300cc for WRX and STI)
- AEM in tank high flow fuel pump (e85/ethanol safe)
- Haltech Elite Etune
- Motec Etune Once all parts are installed we can provide a full custom E-tune for any build, mild to wild. All Etunes are done through emailing data logs and calibration revisions.
- Get $50 off any Injector Dynamics order with coupon code: hohu50
- Get $100 off any ECU + Dash with coupon code: hohu100
Those planning to continue to use the Cobb AP will need to re install all OEM emissions equipment including TGV’s, secondary air pump and EGR. Please note while most people remove these parts there is actually NO need to do so. Non of these emission related items hurt or effect engine performance they are simply there to help keep the emissions low under normal use like idle and cruising conditions.
If you need any help getting an OEM or aftermarket part for your Subaru don’t hesitate to contact us, we are here to help you get the most out of your Subi all while staying within the guidelines set by the EPA keeping you safe and our air clean.
Injector Dynamics Sizing for all Cobb AP Subaru WRX and STI:
- ID1050x injectors for STI & WRX (these are perfect for anyone looking to make 350-450whp)
- ID1300x injectors for STI & WRX (these are perfect for anyone looking to make 450-650whp)
- ID1700x injectors for STI & WRX (these are perfect for anyone looking to make 550-850whp)
- ID2600xds injectors for STI & WRX (these are perfect for anyone looking to make 750-1300whp)
If you have any questions or requests please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to support you with your build, from parts to tuning support and data analysis we can help you get your car running perfectly.
ECU Harnesses & Sensors