One often overlooked but critical component for any high performance modified vehicle is the addition of a crankcase catch can. By installing a Radium Engineering Crankcase Vent-To-Atmosphere Catch Can Kit (20-0182) in your Mitsubishi EVO VIII or IX you’ll be sure you’re catching all of those nasty crankcase vapors and blow-by before they get into your intake and combustion chambers.
The Vent-To-Atmosphere Catch Can Kit is an open system used for high flowing, high horsepower applications. The closed system options listed above are adequate for most vehicles, however, some loosely built race engines operate with a large amount of boost pressure and the OEM hoses can become too restrictive from excessive blow by.
This VTA kit is intended to be used by itself as the only crankcase vent point. It replaces the stock PCV hose and PCV valve with a -10AN fitting and 5/8″ ID hose and allows the gasses to vent through the catch can to the atmosphere. This kit installs on the LH strut tower.
Because this kit mounts the catch can behind the battery, there is a chance that there might not be enough room for the included breather filter if a large battery is used.
NOTE: The OEM valve cover is magnesium and cannot not be welded. Instead, the included -10AN male press-in fitting replaces the large PCV valve bushing.
Vent-To-Atmosphere Crankcase Catch Can Kit Includes:
– Billet oil catch can with integrated condenser and dipstick
– Laser cut powder coated LH mounting bracket
– Radium 14-0136 -10AN Hose End, 2pc 90deg for push-lok hose
– Radium 14-0213 -10AN Hose End, 90deg push-lok hose end
– Radium 20-0050 barb fitting with air filter breather
– Radium 14-0274 10AN male valve cover press-in fitting
– Vacuum caps for 3/8″ barbs
– Enough black 3/8″ PCV hose for custom applications
– Stainless steel mounting hardware