DSM Coil on Plug with R35 Coils
Upgrading your DSM or EVO 1-3 to the R35 Ignition coils delivers a hot spark capable of supporting over 1200WHP. The R35 COP conversion kit for the 4g63 found in DSM’s and EVO 1-3 is a bolt on kit that makes install a breeze and ensures you will never have to worry about blowing out the spark again no matter how much boost you throw at the engine. This kit is intended to be used with a standalone ECU able to support direct fire ignition (1 coil per cylinder). We offer the EVO COP kit with oem Hitachi coils or Velocity Element coils both with and without a wiring harness featuring a 6pin DTM connector for a clean race grade install and easy wiring to your ECU/engine harness.
V.E. DSM & EVO 1-3 R35 Coil on Plug Features
- Optional R35 oem Hitachi coils OR Velocity Element R35 replacement coils
- Velocity Element DSM to R35 COP conversion plate
- Hardware for conversion plate and coils
- Optional COP wiring harness with 6 pin DTM connector for integration to engine harness.
- We recommend running NGK Iridium core plugs (copper core also work but have a MUCH shorter life span), BKRx (X being heat range). We normally run bkr7eix, bkr8eix or bkr9eix plugs gapped to .029″ (bkr8eix is most commonly used 400-600hp range). If you run the BPR plugs the spark plug boot will be to tight for the R35 stalks to fit “perfectly”
Why upgrade to R35 Coils?
The OEM wasted spark ignition system leaves a lot to be desired when you really start pushing the power output on any 4g63 engine. A long hard life means the OEM Mitsubishi coils, plug wires and ignitor are often times NOT delivering a hot spark which results in power loss and spark blow out.
Using the V.E. R35 coil on plug conversion kit delivers your 4g63 a HOT powerful spark ready to support even the highest boost levels. The R35 coils used are well proven to support 300+ HP per cylinder which means over 1200HP+ on a 4g63. Not only does the COP kit deliver unmatched performance it also increases the reliability of your ignition system by removing unnecessary outdated components like the OEM igniter, coils and plug wires.
If you have any questions about the V.E. R35 COP conversion kit for the 1g, 2g DSM and EVO 1 – EVO 3 don’t hesitate to contact us. These kits are ideally set up with aftermarket ECU using 4 coil outputs however customer using OEM style ECU can also use this kit in a “wasted spark” set up.
***The VE DSM and EVO 1-3 R35 COP conversion is for off road motorsports use only. High output coils to be used on high boost/high power race engines. Click here for those looking for NGK R35 coils. ***