EFR 8474 Turbo Dual Ceramic Ball Bearing “Black Series”
The Black Series ERF 8474 dual ball bearing turbo with ultra high flow compressor and Ti turbine wheel is now the biggest EFR turbo available. These new Black series EFR series turbos feature a revolutionary Titanium alloy shaft and turbine wheel resulting in un matched spool and response.
EFR 8474 is a versatile turbocharger with very efficient compressor as seen in the map width (x axis) for outstanding power potential even at high boost. This is the perfect turbocharger for motorsports such as: drift, road racing and time attack. Of course this is also a great match for street driven applications. EFR8474 delivers state-of-the-art tech from BorgWarner Turbo Systems, winning 2019 Pike’s Peak Unlimited class the 8474 is intended for applications which require unmatched response and a broad powerband in the 500-800+hp range. BW engineers designed the 84mm compressor wheel with lower inertia than the older 83mm wheel it supersedes. The combination of a high flowing 68mm compressor inducer with a low inertia and quick spooling 84mm exducer allows the same footprint to breathe a LOT better up top without compromising low-end response and midrange torque.
The turbo’s efficiency widows are widened as a result and higher pressure ratios can be better utilized. Using Borg Warner’s large inducer “black series” 84mm billet compressor (68mm inducer) the 8474 houses the EFR extended-tip compressor wheel design capable of 95 lb/min airflow rate. Using the same 74mm Gamma-Ti turbine wheel from the EFR8374, this turbo flows an impressive 95lbs/min of air at a 127k RPM maximum shaft speed. That’s a 22% improvement in flow from the 8374 EFR. We strongly recommend using an EFR Speed Sensor if you plan to run this turbo to the limit (110krpm+). The 12747100019 features the robust Iron center section with dual ceramic ball bearings. **Aluminum center sections are optional upon request.
Brewed Motors would like to work with you directly to ensure the best possible turbo selection for your application, HP goals and budget. There are many variables to keep in mind when choosing or building a custom turbocharger, we are here to share our knowledge and experience to ensure you end up with the perfect turbo for your build.
- Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip
- Compressor Wheel OD (exducer): 84mm
- Compressor Wheel Inducer: 68mm
- Max Flow Rate: 95 lb/min
- Built-in BOV: All EFR compressor housings incorporate an integrated compressor recirculation valve
- Compressor Inlet: 4″ Ported Shroud Hose Coupler
- Compressor Outlet: 2.5″ Hose Coupler w/ integrated Vband option
- Turbine Type: Low Inertia Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel
- Turbine Wheel OD: 74mm
- Stainless Steel Turbine Housing
- Turbine outlet: GT V-Band (aka 3″ V-Band) ~92mm OD for all EFR turbos
- EFR 8474 is available in (4) different turbine housing configurations
- 0.83 A/R T3 Undivided (Internal WG) #12741008000
- 0.92 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (Internal WG) #12741008001
- 1.05 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (External WG) #12741019002
- 1.45 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (External WG) #12741008003
Some early testing on EFR series turbos
Ka24 EFR6258, Brewed tuned AEM EMS
8474 EFR CHRA Features:
- Dual Row Ceramic Ball Bearings – lowest friction and fastest spool/response, most extreme durability, built-in 2mm oil restrictor
- Water cooled Center Section – water cooling is recommended, 14mm banjo bolts
- Double seals on both turbine and compressor end for extreme durability and resistance to any oil seepage
- Boost Control Solenoid Valve Integrated to Compressor Housing
- Integrated Speed Sensor mounting provisions
If you have any questions about choosing the best turbo for your build don’t hesitate to send us an email or give us a call. We have the hands on testing and track proven experience to ensure you get the best matched turbo for your build and power goals no matter what engine you are working with.