EFR 9180 Turbo Dual Ceramic Ball Bearing #179356
The ERF 9180 dual ball bearing turbo with ultra high flow compressor and Ti turbine wheel has quickly proven to be one of the most popular EFR turbos do to the huge power potential and fast spool time. These new EFR series turbos have a revolutionary Titanium alloy shaft and turbine wheel resulting in un matched spool and response by keeping rotating mass as low as possible.
EFR 9180 is a versatile turbocharger with very efficient compressor as seen in the map width (x axis) for outstanding power potential even at high boost. This is the perfect turbocharger for motorsports such as: Drag, drift, road racing and time attack. Of course this is also a great match for street driven applications. The EFR 9180 turbo uses a 91mm OD compressor to support an outstanding 94lb/min max flow rate. The low inertia 80mm Gamma-Ti turbine wheel is the perfect match for the FMW compressor wheel. EFR 9180 uses he largest EFR compressor housing and is ideal for use in single turbo applications for the 600-1000hp range, or as twin turbo applications for 1600+hp. Dual Ceramic Ball Bearing center section, water-cooling recommended. Now available in almost any hybrid combination imaginable Brewed Motors would like to work with you directly to ensure the best possible turbo selection for your application, HP goals and budget. There are many variables to keep in mind when choosing or building a custom turbocharger, we are not here to tell you what to do but we are happy to share our knowledge and experience.
- Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip
- Compressor Wheel OD (exducer): 91mm
- Compressor Wheel Inducer: 67.7mm
- Max Flow Rate: 95 lb/min
- Built-in BOV: All EFR compressor housings incorporate an integrated BOV.
- Compressor Housing Connections:
- Inlet: 4″ Ported Shroud Hose Coupler
- Outlet: 2.5″ Hose Coupler w/ integrated Vband option
- Turbine Type: Low Inertia Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel
- Turbine Wheel OD: 80mm
- Stainless Steel Turbine Housing
- Turbine outlet: GT V-Band (aka small 3″ vband) ~92mm OD for all EFR turbos
- The EFR 9180 is available in (3) different turbine housing configurations:
- 0.83 A/R T3 Undivided (Internal WG)
- 1.05 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (external WG)
- 1.45 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (external WG) *REQUIRES ALUMINUM CLAMP PLATE KIT WHEN USED WITH ALUMINUM CHRA
Some early testing on EFR series turbos
Ka24 EFR6258, Brewed tuned AEM EMS
Choosing the best Turbo and Turbine Housing:
With so many different turbo’s and turbine housing options there are a TON of options when it comes to selecting a turbo. If you have any questions about choosing the best turbo and turbine housing for your build don’t hesitate to send us an email or give us a call. We have the hands on testing and track proven experience to ensure you get the best matched turbo for your build and power goals no matter what engine you are working with.