An Emtron E-tune unlocks hidden HP and TQ while improving reliability and fuel consumption. Don’t leave anything on the table when it comes to tuning your Emtron ecu, a Brewed E-Tune will ensure your engine is running at peak efficiency making reliable power for years to come. Engine mods, fuel grade and elevation all play major rolls in how an engine runs, there is no better way to ensure your engine is getting exactly what needs than a Brewed Etune.
Etuning works as follows:
- Option 1, Custom Configuration: Brewed Motors makes a custom base calibration “Map” for your Emtron ems based on your exact engine/car configuration and Emtron ECU being used.
- Option 2, Tune for pre built Configuration: If you have an existing configuration that functions correctly and simply want us to fully tune the ECU for your current mods/engine setup and fuel this option is for you. Simply connect to your Emtron ECU and save the current tune/calibration to your computer. Email the current tune and any current data logs you have and we will create the first revision based on your existing setup. (This is the perfect option for any of the Emtron Plug n Play packages!)
- You upload the updated calibration we provide to your Emtron ecu or ems
- You take the requested Data logs Brewed Motors can walk you through this step and will also tell you exactly what parameters to log and how to drive IE: RPM and Throttle position **you will need to use a nice straight, flat road/serface you can safely do 3rd gear pulls on.**
- Email Brewed Motors your Data Logs
- Brewed revises the calibration based on your data log and emails the new calibration. You can normally expect your updated calibration within 24 business hours however it may take 48 hours during race season.
- “Re-Tune” after new parts are installed or new fuel type is used we provide a $150 credit for any customer currently running a Brewed tune that is now in need of a retune. This $150 credit can be used towards any of our Etune options as a Retune for your car.
Track Support for Thailand Super Series Mugen Civic Type R Motec ecu, logger & display
Pre Tuning Preparation:
- Boost leak/smoke test the engines intake. (This ensures there are no leaks, even a small leak will have a big effect on the tune and cause problems down the road. This is also very helpful for NA cars as well as cars with ITB’s.) Click here to check out a great DIY boost leak tester article and build instructions from a subaru guy.
- Test for coolant, oil and fuel leaks (because fires are BAD).
- Iridium Spark plugs; check you are using the correct heat range plug and that the plug is gapped correctly.
- Connect to your ECU: Knowing how to connect to and communicate with your ECU is a very important skill for anyone that owns a car with an Emtron ECU. Connecting to the ECU allows you to data log, trouble shoot and upload new calibrations/tunes we email you. Please check out this step by step video from EFI university that walks you through exactly how you will connect to your Emtron ECU. Emtron ECU connection EFI university.
- Check your wide band AFR O2 sensor is working correctly and connected to the EMS and or data logger
- Ignition sync; on most engine you should use a timing light to check that ignition timing at the engine matches the ignition timing value at the EMS
Connecting to your Emtron ECU:
Commonly used/requested data logs:
***Note*** Each data log should be kept as short as possible (10-20 seconds is normal) Logs should be done in 3rd gear unless otherwise stated. DO NOT do any High throttle pulls or data logs until we have finished tuning the low/mid range throttle ranges.
- Engine start (cold start/engine warm up) this log will be one of the longest logs (logging from cold start to operating temperature).
- Engine start/idle (warm/operating temp) this log is normally ~15 seconds
- Low throttle 2nd gear (~10% throttle from idle to 4000 rpm) **holding throttle steady is the most important factor here, do not change the throttle position during the log.**
- Low throttle 3rd gear (~20% throttle from idle to 4000 rpm)**holding throttle steady is the most important factor here, do not change the throttle position during the log.**
- Mid throttle 3rd gear (~40% throttle from idle to 5000 rpm)**holding throttle steady is the most important factor here, do not change the throttle position during the log.**
- High throttle 3rd or 4th gear (~60% throttle from idle to redline)**holding throttle steady is the most important factor here, do not change the throttle position during the log.**
- High throttle 3rd or 4th gear (100% throttle from idle to redline)**holding throttle steady is the most important factor here, do not change the throttle position during the log.**
Worldwide on site track support, tuning and data analysis:
For those that require on site in person tuning and data analysis support we offer on site tuning trips. On site tuning services are expensed and billed to the customer as follows.
Travel expense + Room and board + Tuning services ($200 per hour, minimum 5 hours)