Hypertune 77mm throttle bodies are a great choice for circuit cars, drift cars, rally cars or any Forced Induction engine making 400-800hp. The 77mm throttle body is a direct fit for 3″ silicone hose. If you’re looking to make more power then factory while still retaining excellent throttle response and overall drivability, then this is the throttle body for you.
Hypertune’s throttle body project began in response to customers’ requests for a throttle body worthy of the quality and performance of their range of intake manifolds. Hypertune’s aim was to provide the best possible combination of performance, appearance, reliability and ease of implementation which they executed perfectly.
Take a look at the list of features and we are sure you will agree, Hypertune has achieved that objective! CNC machined 6061T6 billet aluminum body section provides the best combination of strength, accuracy, light weight and appearance. Diameters have been chosen based on commonly available hose sizes and a large bead is provided to assure positive retention of the hose under boosted applications. Body section is clear anodized to further improve longevity and wear resistance (custom anodized colors available).
- 10mm diameter slotted steel shaft combined with 2mm thick brass butterfly provides high resistance to bending in supercharged/turbocharged applications. Shaft is blackened for corrosion resistance and improved appearance. Butterfly is machined in an elliptical shape with 7 degree taper to perfectly fit the throttle bore improving sealing and resistance to binding common with many other designs.
- Dual sealed ball bearings securely locate the shaft/butterfly eliminating the shaft float and subsequent wear common with many other designs. Ball bearings also provide very smooth action and vastly improved sealing and service life compared to bushes.
- Unique indexable pulley allows adjustment of cable position to suit any application. M5 threaded holes around perimeter are provided to assist with addition of extra return spring or linkages for multiple throttles where required.
- Throttle body can be ordered with clockwise or counter-clockwise rotation. This choice can be made based on TPS rotation or installation requirements.
- Various TPS adapters are available that allow direct bolt-on of most common factory TPS sensors. This unique addition simplifies installation, eliminating the need to purchase another TPS and adapt it to your engine.
- Custom-made stainless steel spring provides smooth, linear action and positive return. Spring is contained within stopper barrel section protecting it from foreign objects and improve appearance.
From conception to final assembly, the Hypertune throttle body is designed with quality and performance in mind. Only the best techniques and materials are combined with state of the art design and machining practices to produce what is the new industry standard in universal application billet throttle bodies.
All throttle bodies are supplied with:
- Pulley (52mm or 62mm)F
- Flat washer and nyloc nut
- O-ring for flange seal
- 4 x M8 cap screws
- TPS adaptor kit (Includes adaptor plate, mounting screws, spindle and grub screws)
- Clear anodized body (custom anodized colors available)
Optional Wiggins clamp connection available for the most reliable seal for high boost applications
**Nissan Customers will need to check which version TPS they have (nissan used 2 styles of TPS in the 80-90s) Please see the picture below and verify which looks like the inside of your TPS. (You will need to unbolt the TPS from your throttle body to check.