Cobb Flex Fuel WRX and STI NexGen Update
Cobb NexGen Flex Fuel STI
The NEW NexGen Flex Fuel kits for the STI platforms from Cobb are officially here! We are stocking all the the NexGen Flex Fuel kits as well as offering Pro-tune aka E-tune support for all 2015-2021 STI using the Cobb NexGen Flex Fuel packages.
If you have been looking for a way to make more power with your WRX or STI and have e85 or flex fuel at your local gas station this is the update you’ve been waiting for. We can make 15-30% more power simply by switching to e85 or flex fuel. The higher octane raiting for ethanol allows the engine to run more boost and more timing with increased reliability. This means more power and big smiles. Those with built engines or upgraded turbos often use E85 and flex fuel to support 500+ HP which makes for one fast and fun STI
Flex Fuel Benefits:
- Higher octane fuel provides a larger safety margin for the engine
- Make more power than 91 or 93 octane fuel (10-30% gains depending on ethanol level)
- Flex Fuel kits allow you to blend gasoline and E85/flex fuel as needed or as available.
- ***NO need to change maps when changing between gasoline and E85
- Lower EGT’s (Ethanol fuel will provide lower exhaust gas temperatures compared to gasoline)
- Smells GREAT, E85 burning has a much cleaner/softer smell when compared to gasoline
- Green, ethanol is a renewable fuel source that can be made from any sugar/starch.
The plug and play NexGen Ethanol Sensor Kit is the heart of our NexGen Flex Fuel line up. The flex fuel kit consists of an ethanol content sensor with mounting bracket, fuel lines, a NexGen Flex Fuel module, and a plug-and-play wiring harness.
The OE quality ethanol content sensor is secured to a bespoke powder coated aluminum mounting bracket. The sensor is supplied with fuel through pre-made fuel lines with OE quick disconnect. A billet adapter is included to allow for seamless integration using the COBB Fuel Rail Line Kit.
The NexGen Flex Fuel Module is mounted to the passenger side strut tower and handles all of the data processing before sending ethanol content to the ECU to be used by an Accessport-delivered NexGen Flex Fuel calibration. Tying everything together is a custom, easy to install, plug-and-play wiring harness. Utilizing OE quality wiring and connectors ensures installing the NexGen Flex Fuel kit on your STI is smooth, easy and reliable.
Flex Fuel STI Support and E-tune
If you have any questions or requests about the NexGen Cobb Flex Fuel packages and tuning don’t hesitate to give us a call or send us an email. There is a lot of misleading information out there regarding Flex Fuel and we are here to provide transparent explanations for all the parts and functions. We are here to support you and your build with whatever your hear desires!