PRP RB Trigger Kit
The PRP RB engine 12 tooth crank 1 tooth cam trigger kit came to life through research and development on the race track and provides the perfect upgrade for any RB26, RB25 or RB20 dual cam engine. Designed to provide precision engine position data to the ECU resulting in accurate ignition timing for high power/RPM RB engines. This is one of the most important aspects to consider for your RB engine build as the OEM cam/crank sensor is prone to inaccurate readings that lead to all sorts of problems do to “belt stretch”. With the PRP trigger kit you can rest assured the ECU will be receiving consistent and accurate engine position data under all conditions. Using the PRP kit ensures the ECU will always have the most accurate engine position data possible do to the PRP Cam and Crank trigger locations and design. Don’t let the stock CAS hold your RB back from it’s full potential! Check out our blog if you want to learn more about the PRP RB engine trigger kits.
RB Cam/Crank Trigger Design Features:
The one-piece design of the bottom timing gear with trigger disc won’t ever come loose like a screwed on trigger disc could. The PRP crank trigger gear is also designed to work with any balancer for easy install on any RB engine. The cherry hall effect magnetic pickup sensor used has quickly become the industry benchmark for accurate engine position data. The cam and crank sensor brackets are light weight, simple and easy to incorporate the use of the extremely accurate cherry Hall sensors.
- Billet alloy sensor brackets.
- Engineered timing gear with incorporated trigger disc.
- Gear works with any known balancer.
- Custom colors available upon request.
- Bolt kit with all parts needed
- Lifetime warranty on all Platinum Racing Products hardware
- Optional billet CAS bracket for extra engine bay bling factor
PRP Trigger kits in action
Here at Brewed Motorsports we work with a lot of GT-Rs and RB26 engines. Below are a couple examples of recent R34 GT-R’s we set up with PRP cam/crank trigger kits coupled with our R34 GTR ECU Package. These cars were tuned on pump gas and really show just how much can be done when the RB engine is matched with good sensors and a modern ECU.
Helpful RB Tuning Links
Below is a list of helpful links packed full of information every RB owner should know. From RB sparkplugs to the differences of internal wastegates vs external wastegates we have the parts, tech support and hands on experience from years or Motorsports competition to ensure you get everything you want and more out of your RB engine!
- RB Spark Plugs: Guide to the best spark plugs for any RB engine and how to choose the correct heat range.
- RB Trigger Kit: A complete walk through and explanation of why upgrading to a crank/cam trigger kit is so important for any high power RB engine.
- GTR ECU Packages: A full article walking you through all of our GTR specific ECU packages including Motec M1, Haltech Elite, Emtron and Link ECU’s.
- RB Injectors: Not sure what injectors you need for you RB build? This article walks you through all the best fuel injector options for the RB26, RB25 and RB20 engines.