The Haltech Power Distribution Module – PD16 new for 2022 is Haltech solid state power distribution solution. Often referred to as a PDM these power distribution modules are a modern “digital” replacement to fuses and relays making the PD16 perfect for any motorsports project. These are hands down the most effective and reliable way to distribute power to every accessory in your race car. We use PDM’s for both off road (dirt) racing as well as drifting, circuit racing and time attack. If you have any questions please email us any time.
Haltech PD16 Features:
• Full integration with Haltech systems: Directly compatible with Elite and NEXUS ECUs
• Single system control center: Fully controlled via the NSP software
• Easily expandable: Link up to 4 x PD16s on a single Haltech CAN bus
• 16 x Outputs (10 x 8A, 4 x 25A, 2 x HBO)
• 8 x Inputs (4 voltage + 4 pulsed)
• 1 x CAN bus
Where to use the Haltech PD16:
- 10x 8 amp outputs are perfect for low load lights such as brake lights and hazards, pumps, fans and other accessories with an average draw of 8amps or less.
- 4x 25 amp outputs are perfect for big electric fans (such as SPAL radiator fans), Fuel pumps and auxiliary water pumps with average amperage draw below 25amps
- 2x HBO outputs can be used to control electric motors, either 2 motors 1 direction or 1 motor 2 directions.
- 8x available analog inputs perfect for analog signals from ECU or other sensors
- 1x CANbus This is the communications protocol connections and allows you to link your PD16 to any CANbus ECU as well as link up to 4 PD16 modules together.
- Connect to your Haltech Elite 2500 ECU through CANbus. Expands ECU functions and vehicle controls, perfect for race cars with a large number of inputs/outputs.
If you still have questions about the Haltech PD16 aka PDM do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to support our customers at every step of their build and we have the hands on race day experience to help you get exactly what you want out of your project.
Haltech NEW release for 2023:
Haltech has just announced the all new Nexus R3 VCU. The new R3 nexus is a PDM (power distribution module) combined with an Elite series ECU. This means 1 box instead of 2 which greatly simplifies wiring and setup to make for a more reliable Motorsports grade electronics package.