AEM Infinity 506 ECU
April 2023: The AEM Infinity ECU’s have officially been discontinued. However there is NOTHING to worry about as we offer all the same support, features, functionality and plug n play ECU packages using the Haltech Elite 2500 ECU. We also keep a fat stack of Haltech Elite ECU’s and accessories in stock and ready to ship all at the lowest prices guaranteed. For those who don’t want to use the Haltech ECU we also offer Motec M1 series ECU packages, Link ECU packages and Emtron ECU packages all with a wide range of application support that ensures we can setup/tune your engine no matter what type of build you are working on.
We have been using the AEM Infinity ECU on 2JZ, 1JZ, RB26, SR20, K20, 4g63, KA24 and many more with great results. The Infinity-6 EMS is an affordable state-of-the-art engine control unit (ECU) designed for use on 1-6 cylinder engines. Extensive research & development was put into designing the Infinity series EMS ensuring that the Infinity ECUs deliver unmatched performance. The Infinity 506 is perfect for high performance engines with 1-6 cylinders using High OR Low impedance injectors. It also features the same small footprint and single, weatherproof 80-pin connector as the Infinity 508 but offer 2 extra outputs for even more control.
Brewed Tuned 3.4 stroker 2jz MK4 running AEM Infinity and VE dual channel knock kit.
The Infinity series EMS utilizes the latest generation 200 MHz automotive processor that can process 400 MIPS. Fueling needs are calculated by an airflow model based volumetric efficiency (VE) algorithm which eliminates the old “lookup” method of many older generation ECUs. Flex fuel and multi-fuel capability, on-board wideband air/fuel control, map switching and knock control are all standard features that set the Infinity appart. Engine protection strategies include coolant temp, oil temp, AFR vs. MAP, intake air temp, knock and fuel pressure all work to ensure your engine remains safe even if there is a fuel system or coolant failure. Programmable drive-by-wire, variable cam timing, boost control, nitrous control and traction control are also fully programmable to ensure you get the most out of your engine build.
Data logging up to 64GB via a removable USB is standard with logging rates up to 1KHZ per channel means tuners will have all the data they could ever want. CANbus communications is also a great feature of the Infinity ECU allowing it to communicate with other CANbus modules such as sensors, ecus, dashes and other accessories.
We are proud to offer a wide range of plug and play wiring harnesses for RB, JZ, F20, K20 and K24 engines to name just a few. We also have a flying lead wiring harness for the Infinity series that is 96″ in length and pre wired with power, grounds, a power relay, fuse block, wideband and AEMnet. When you combine the Infinity’s capabilities and price point with Brewed’s superb customer support there is no question that the Infinity is the ultimate EMS for any 1-6 cylinder engine from mild to wild.
AEM Infinity 506 Key Features
- Universal wiring, Plug n Play harnesses available.
- works with factory sensors or aftermarket sensors.
- Includes basic start up calibrations + access to Brewed Etune services
- Context sensitive help eases tuning process.
- Maps can be password protected by the tuner to prevent unauthorized usage or sharing.
- Runs on Windows-compatible software.
- 2-Channel CAN included
- Internal simulator
- Airflow model based calculations VE
- VE-based engine startup
- Multiple boost control strategies (time, gear, vehicle speed, switch and more)
- Drive by wire (with Advanced Tuning Package)
- 2-step programmable launch control (3-step with Advanced Tuning Package)
- Programmable traction control, 2-wheel speed or engine acceleration (4-wheel speed with Advanced Tuning Package)
- No-lift shift (Requires Advanced Tuning Package)
- User configurable soft-cut rev limiters
- User configurable anti-lag
- Map switching (4 Separate ignition maps, 4 separate Lambda target maps, 2 separate VE tables)
- Single stage wet or dry nitrous control (4-stage with Advanced Tuning Package, coming soon)
- Integrated engine protection strategies
- Target Lambda table, 10×10
- Open-loop fuel pressure compensation
- O2 lean-out protection
- 2-channel adaptive knock control with individual cylinder trims
- Configurable coil dwell (RPM, voltage and load based)
- Individual cylinder ignition trim (RPM based)
- Individual cylinder fuel trim (RPM based)
- 3D ignition trim maps (coolant and air temp)
- Real-time sensor diagnostics
- Ignition table, 20×20
- VE airflow table, map vs. engine speed, 20×20
- User adjustable charge temperature blend (CLT/AIT, engine speed dependent)
- Idle control (stepper and pulse width)
Check out our Blog to read up on how the AEM Infinity 506 ECU can be set up for closed loop individual cylinder trim knock control. This is a great feature that no only keeps your engine safe it also provides an extra tool for your Tuner to squeeze some extra power by balancing cylinders. 2jz AEM Infinity Knock control tuning.
Use this system with EXTREME caution! The AEM EMS System allows for total flexibility in engine tuning, however misuse of this product can lead to major engine/vehicle damage. If you are not well versed in engine dynamics and the tuning of management systems or are not PC literate, please do not attempt installation/tuning of this product.
NOTE: ALL AEM ecu’s are intended for off road Motorsports use only NEVER to be used on public roads withing the USA. Brewed Motorsports and AEM hold no responsibility for any engine damage that results from the misuse of this product! We offer custom base maps and complete tuning solutions both Dyno and E-tune, if you need assistance don’t hesitate to Email us.