Tial QRJ BOV
We have been using the Tial QRJ blow off valve for many years now and could not be happier its performance and reliability. The QRJ is a versatile blow off valve OR bypass valve that can be configured with a wide range of inlet and outlet fittings. Perfect for any turbocharged engine whether it be vented to atmosphere of recirculated to the intake. The QRJ design will NOT allow the valve to be pushed up by high boost. Because the inlet to the QRJ bov is on the side of the valve no matter how much boost you are running it simply can not physically push the valve open. This design allows the QRJ to use a very light spring which means super fast response without ever having to worry about a boost leak.
- The body and all internal components are CNC-machined from 6061 aluminum alloy. It features a large 1.50in (38.5mm) valve
- Optional Hose and or V-band connections for the inlet and outlet ports.
- The valve seal utilizes a Viton O-ring that is clamped in place to prevent the possibility of sticking to the seat and pulling out. The valve stem and guide are Teflon-lubricated, hard anodize-coated for wear resistance
- The QRJ comes with our own machined aluminum banjo-type air fitting and bolt, with over sized 10mm hose barb for quick actuator response.
- Multiple inlet and return port options for many install configurations. (set up stealth or loud BOV)
- Internal return spring pressure tuned for fastest response. Custom spring options are available for other configurations.
- Side boost design, boost pressure pushes on the side of the plunger which means no matter how much boost you make it can never push the plunger open. This really sets the QRJ apart and allow it to run a SOFT spring for fast response with the ability to hold over 60psi of boost.
Tail QRJ Installed
Below is the Tial QRJ BOV installed on our SR20det powered BMW E30 drift car. The Tial QRJ is setup in a true BOV configuration here using the vent to atmosphere “horn” outlet fitting as seen in the video below.
Brewed Staff Eric_Brewed –
I have tuned countless cars running the Tial QRJ bov and these valves simply work perfectly every single time. Hands down my #1 recommendation for any BOV or BPV. The inlet port on the side of the BOV means boost pressure can NEVER push this valve open which is a very common problem on other BOV. This side inlet design also means the internal spring is very light which results in super fast response from the QRJ bov even on engines that don’t make much vacuum.
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch