EFR 9280 Turbo Dual Ceramic Ball Bearing “Black Series”
The Black Series ERF 9280 dual ball bearing turbo with ultra high flow compressor and Ti turbine wheel is now the biggest EFR turbo available. These new Black series EFR series turbos feature a revolutionary Titanium alloy shaft and turbine wheel resulting in un matched spool and response.
EFR 9280 is a versatile turbocharger with very efficient compressor as seen in the map width (x axis) for outstanding power potential even at high boost. This is the perfect turbocharger for motorsports such as: Drag, drift, road racing and time attack. Of course this is also a great match for street driven applications. The EFR 9280 turbo uses a 91mm exducer & 73.7mm inducer compressor wheel to support an outstanding 110lb/min max flow rate. The low inertia 80mm Gamma-Ti turbine wheel is the perfect match for the FMW compressor wheel. EFR 9280 uses the largest EFR compressor housing and is ideal for use in single turbo applications for the 800-1200hp range, or as twin turbo applications for 1700+hp. Dual Ceramic Ball Bearing center section with water-cooling and now available in almost any hybrid combination imaginable.
Brewed Motors would like to work with you directly to ensure the best possible turbo selection for your application, HP goals and budget. There are many variables to keep in mind when choosing or building a custom turbocharger, we are here to share our knowledge and experience to ensure you end up with the perfect turbo for your build.
- Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip
- Compressor Wheel OD (exducer): 91mm
- Compressor Wheel Inducer: 73.7mm
- Max Flow Rate: 110 lb/min
- Built-in BOV: All EFR compressor housings incorporate an integrated BOV.
- Compressor Housing Connections:
- Inlet: 4″ Ported Shroud Hose Coupler
- Outlet: 2.5″ Hose Coupler w/ integrated Vband option
- Turbine Type: Low Inertia Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel
- Turbine Wheel OD: 80mm
- Stainless Steel Turbine Housing
- Turbine outlet: GT V-Band (aka small 3″ vband) ~92mm OD for all EFR turbos
- The EFR 9280 is available in (3) different turbine housing configurations:
- 0.83 A/R T3 Undivided (Internal WG)
- 1.05 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (external WG)
- 1.45 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (external WG) *REQUIRES ALUMINUM CLAMP PLATE KIT WHEN USED WITH ALUMINUM CHRA
Some early testing on EFR series turbos
Ka24 EFR6258, Brewed tuned AEM EMS