ID1700-xds injectors replaced the ID1700x injectors. The new 1700-xds is our 1st recommendation for any E36 BMW M50 or S50 Inline 6 looking to make 650-1100WHP. The new xds series injectors from ID are designed to work with any gasoline or alcohol based fuel thanks to corrosion resistant internals. The ID1700-xds injectors can also safely operate at MUCH higher pressures (up to 101psi) than anything else on the market making it perfect for high boost applications. When you want to use the best injectors for your build 600+ HP build the xds series ID1700 from Injector Dynamics is the answer. Here at Brewed you can find the ID1700x injectors in many of our shop builds and customer cars including: Turbo M3 (s52), Turbo M50, RB26 GTR’s and Honda K20/K24/F20/F22
Injector Dynamics ID1700x Injector Sizing for E36 M50/S50 engines:
If you have any questions about injector sizing based on your power goals and the type of fuel used do not hesitate to contact us. We are happy to walk you through choosing the correct size injector for your build whether it a street car running on gasoline or a drag car on Methanol we are here to support your build every step of the way. The ID1700xds is the perfect match for anyone planning to make 130-190HP per injector, if you plan to make more power the ID2600-xds are a great option that supports over 200hp per injector.
Precision matched fuel injectors are a key ingredient in all of our projects and builds. Not only will the ID1700-xds injectors support huge power numbers flowing well over 1700cc they can also be tuned for a smooth idle and better than oem drivability while maintaining a stochiometric OR leaner AFR and butter smooth engine operation. This ensures a long happy engine life, clean spark plugs and low fuel consumption (at least until you put your foot down).
ID1700x E36 1700-XDS for M50, M52, S50, S52 key features:
- Nominal Flow Rate – 1725cc/min @ 3.0 Bar (43.5 psi) Using Iso-Octane at 52 Degrees C (125 Degrees F)
- Corrosion resistant internals for use with Alcohol fuels like Ethanol and Methanol.
- Maximum Differential Fuel Pressure – 7.0 Bar (101.5 psi)
- Fuel Compatibility – Compatible With All Known Fuels
- Electrical Connector – USCAR
- They are a 48mm long body, shorter than normal injectors. The adapter tops make them “standard” 60mm length and adapt them to 11mm or 14mm orings. With the ability to fit any top feed fuel rail design engine as well as, the proper battery comp values are also provided with each set so you can set it up in your computer and have consistent a/f ratios as battery voltage fluctuates. Most other injectors don’t offer that information at anything other than 1 voltage level.
- Price is per injector and includes the adapter for the top and an injector clip with pins
- High Impedance, no need for injector drivers or injector resistors
- The high pressure and excellent atomization makes these are great option for high power N/A applications as well.
- High duty cycle, with a recovery time of only 1ms, all injectors will run up to 92.5% duty cycle at 9k rpm and 95% duty cycle at 6k rpm while maintaining linearity within 1%
- Excellent low pulse width response, linearity within 2% all the way down to 2ms, predictable response down to 1.5ms. Using a 3 dimensional battery comp table with Motec V3 software, low pulse width response can be linearized to practically zero flow.
- Excellent consistency, no sets will require more than a 1% trim
- Ruler flat response, unmatched linearity means easy tuning and accurate compensations.
ECU/Engine Tuner quotes:
“ID injectors are hands down the best injectors I have ever worked with. Easily tuned for smooth idle and good economy with enough flow for HUGE HP and high boost.” –Eric FL (Motec, AEM, Hondata, Power FC, Fcon, Haltech, stock ECU)
“These injectors are so well matched from the factory with GREAT flow data for just about every ECU creating a base map and then fine tuning for a new set of injectors couldn’t be any easier.” –Ennio R (Motec, Haltech, Vipec, AEM, EMS)
**ALL Injector Dynamics fuel system parts are intended for “off road” Motorsports use only. NOT for use on public roads.