The COBB Tuning SF Intake for the 2015-2021 STI removes the restrictive oem air box allowing the engine to breath much better. The SF Intake system utilizes several unique features to maintain optimal flow and performance while eliminating turbulence at the MAF sensor. It also features an air box to separate the filter from the hot engine bay in order to keep intake temps low.
The SF intake starts at the top with a custom conical cloth air-filter element with huge 4″ inlet leading into the CFD-designed velocity stack MAF sensor housing with an unique air flow straightener grid designed to smooth the incoming air flow as it passes the Mass Air Flow sensor for precise readings and smooth engine operation. The MAF housing utilizes a one piece design constructed from a high temperature plastic composite, saving weight and reducing heat transfer.
Have a close look at the pictures above and you will see the Velocity stack and “air flow grid” that sets the Cobb SF intake apart. We can not stress enough how important it is to use a well designed MAF housing on a Subaru application!
Why upgrade to the Cobb SF intake?
- Increase engine performance (7-20% increase available with Pro tune and Intake)
- Increased engine/turbo and BOV sound, after installing the SF intake you will notice the sound of the turbo spooling and the BOV MUCH more than stock.
- Easy install! Full install can be done with basic hand tools in less than 1 hour by just about anyone.
- The only Intake that with standard MAF housing with a velocity stack, airflow straighteners and composite body for ultimate performance. All aftermarket intakes for 2015+ Subarus should be Pro tuned, regardless of manufacturer in order to ensure the MAF sensor reads properly and the engine operates within safe parameters.
- Air box (pictured below) delivers cool fresh air to keeping heat from the engine bay out.
The SF Air Box adds the benefits of a cold air intake to the outstanding performance of the SF Intake. The factory inlet directs cold air from the front grill to the SF Air, which encloses the SF intake. Hot engine bay air that robs horsepower is prevented from entering the intake system. This unique design also separates rainwater from the intake air, eliminating the water ingestion issues that plague in-fender cold air intakes.
Easy installation, complete plug and play kit:
- Connects to your vehicle stock mounting point
- Pre fit mounting bracket
- Pre formed 4″ Cloth air filter
- CAD MAF housing with Velocity stack & air flow grid (this means CLEAN MAF signals)
- CAD Air box keeps intake temps down by shielding the filter from the hot engine bay
- Full AccessPort support
Brewed Motorsports supports Cobb SF intake systems through our normal Tuning service as well as our E-Tune services for those customers in remote locations who don’t have access to a professional tuner.
Special Cobb AP Pro Tune offer:
Receive $50 instant credit towards any of our Cobb AP Pro tune services when you order a Cobb SF intake. A custom Pro Tune will get your STI running strong and making reliable power. All Pro tunes are calibrated to eliminate engine knock and run the engine at a safe yet efficient AFR. This allows us to make more power with more reliable results compared to any OTS map.