**2021 update: The 70mm bolt on throttle has been out of production for a few years and we now offer an all new 77mm Hypertune throttle body package for the SR and KA engines featuring the Hypertune 77mm throttle body and an optional weld on Aluminum flange. (77mm throttle body does not use the same bolt pattern as the oem throttle body so the weld on AL flange will need to be used unless you plan to make your own flange to match.)
The Hypertune 70mm throttle body was designed to be a direct bolt on throttle body for Nissan SR20, KA24DE, CA18, and RB30 engines. Let’s be honest, we all know that stock throttle body is a bit too small and restrictive or maybe your stock throttle body is worn out and you’re looking for an upgrade. Either way the Hypertune 70mm throttle body will get rid of that worn out ugly cast aluminum factory throttle body and bump up the diameter slightly helping increase power throughout the entire power band.
Although the Hypertune 70mm throttle body is a bolt on affair, Brewed Motorsports highly suggests retuning the ECU to take full advantage of a throttle body upgrade. Feel free to contact us about our Tuning Services.
Hypertune’s throttle body project began in response to customers’ requests for a throttle body worthy of the quality and performance of their range of intake manifolds. Hypertune’s aim was to provide the best possible combination of performance, appearance, reliability and ease of implementation. Take a look at the list of features and we are sure you will agree, Hypertune has achieved that objective! CNC machined 6061T6 billet aluminum body section provides the best combination of strength, accuracy, light weight and appearance. Diameters have been chosen based on commonly available hose sizes and a large bead is provided to assure positive retention of the hose under boosted applications. Body section is clear anodized to further improve longevity and wear resistance (custom anodized colors available)
- 10mm diameter slotted steel shaft combined with 2mm thick brass butterfly provides high resistance to bending in supercharged / turbocharged applications. Shaft is blackened for corrosion resistance and improved appearance. Butterfly is machined in an elliptical shape with 7 degree taper to perfectly fit the throttle bore improving sealing and resistance to binding common with many other designs.
- Dual sealed ball bearings securely locate the shaft/butterfly eliminating the shaft float and subsequent wear common with many other designs. Ball bearings also provide very smooth action and vastly improved sealing and service life compared to bushes.
- Unique indexable pulley allows adjustment of cable position to suit any application. M5 threaded holes around perimeter are provided to assist with addition of extra return spring or linkages for multiple throttles where required.
- Throttle body can be ordered with clockwise or counter-clockwise rotation. This choice can be made based on TPS rotation or installation requirements.
- Various TPS adapters are available that allow direct bolt-on of most common factory TPS sensors. This unique addition simplifies installation, eliminating the need to purchase another TPS and adapt it to your engine.
- Custom-made stainless steel spring provides smooth, linear action and positive return. Spring is contained within stopper barrel section protecting it from foreign objects and improve appearance. From conception to final assembly, the Hypertune throttle body is designed with quality and performance in mind. Only the best techniques and materials are combined with state of the art design and machining practices to produce what is the new industry standard in universal application billet throttle bodies.
From conception to final assembly, the Hypertune throttle body is designed with quality and performance in mind. Only the best techniques and materials are combined with state of the art design and machining practices to produce what is the new industry standard in universal application billet throttle bodies.
All throttle bodies are supplied with:
- 4 x M8 cap screws
- TPS adaptor kit (Includes adaptor plate, mounting screws, spindle and grub screws).
- Clear anodized body (custom anodized colors available)