One often overlooked but critical component for any high performance modified vehicle is the addition of a crankcase catch can. By installing a Radium Engineering Universal Single Catch Can (20-0008) you’ll be sure you’re catching all of those nasty crankcase vapors and blow-by.
An oil catch can is essential on a performance vehicle to protect the engine from elevated levels of crankcase blow-by accumulated from aggressive driving. Excess oil saturated air circulating back into the air intake stream can lead to degraded performance. Unlike many catch cans on the market, this catch can features an integrated oil separator that accelerates oil condensation. This stainless steel filter media is cleanable and reusable.
The fluid can be easily disposed without removing the can from its bracket. The lower half of the body simply unscrews for draining or the bottom port can be used with the RADIUM Petcock Drain Kit if the cans cannot be easily separated. The integrated dipstick unscrews for a quick way to check oil level.
Note: Some engines may require multiple catch cans depending on the PCV system design.
Open PCV System –This option is used to convert a modern closed PCV system to an open PCV system.
- Black Anodized Aluminum Barb Fitting with O-Ring
- Green Crankcase Air Filter
- Worm Drive Hose Clamp
Open PCV System Disadvantages: Without an intake return for the PCV system, the crankcase will not measure any amount of negative pressure that can be, argueably, beneficial for the piston rings. Over time, a light mist of oil vapor will accumulate around the engine bay near the crankcase breather. An open PCV system is not smog legal and will not pass a visual emissions check.
Open PCV System Advantages: Completely eliminates any chance of oil vapor returning into the intake air stream and collecting in idle air control valves, intercoolers, etc. Required for specific applications. For example, a race car using a turbocharger system without a compressor inlet pipe.
- Effectively raises octane and increases engine performance with cleaner inlet air
- Prevents oil buildup in the intake, intercooler, throttle body, etc.
- Excessive oil collection can be an indicator of a damaged engine
- Lowers hydrocarbon emissions
Universal Single Catch Can Features:
- 6061 Billet Aluminum O-Ring Sealed Oil Can
- Integrated Oil Separating Condensing
- Stainless Steel Cleanable and Reusable Filter Media
- Main Ports: 7/8″-14 Female Threads (-10AN O-Ring)
- Powder Coated Laser Cut Mounting Bracket
- O-Ring Sealed -4AN Drain Plug
- Stainless Steel Mounting Hardware
- Safe for Pressurized Applications
- Anodized 6061 Billet Aluminum Oil Dipstick
- Capacity: 8 fluid ounces
- Height (without fittings): 5 inches
- Outside Diameter: 2.45 inches
What others are saying
There are no contributions yet.