A Brewed Motorsports E-tune for your AEM Infinity or AEM series 2 ecu unlocks hidden HP and TQ while improving reliability and fuel economy. Don’t leave anything on the table when it comes to tuning your AEM, a Brewed E-tune will ensure your engine is running at peak efficiency for years to come. Engine mods, fuel grade and elevation all play major rolls in how an engine runs, there is no better way to ensure your engine is getting exactly what needs than a custom E-tune. Brewed supports all AEM series 2 aka V2, AEM EMS-4 and AEM Infinity ecu’s and engine management systems. **NOTE: All Tuning and Etuning services are for off road Motorsports use.
E-tuning works as follows:
- Brewed Motorsports makes a custom base calibration “Map” for your AEM EMS based on your exact engine mods and emails it to you. Please add your build details in full to our Etune Data-base so we can get started on your Etune.
- You upload the calibration to your AEM EMS/car.
- You take the requested Data logs Brewed Motors can walk you through this step and will also tell you exactly what parameters to log and how to drive IE: RPM and Throttle position **you will need to use a private road with nice straight, flat road/surface you can safely do 3rd gear pulls on.**
- Email Brewed Motors your Data Logs
- Brewed revises the calibration based on your data log and emails the new calibration. You can normally expect your updated calibration within 24 business hours however it may take 48 hours during race season.
- “Re-Tune” after new parts are installed or new fuel type is used we normally charge $100 for a re-tune unless there has been very drastic change in the engine/setup. Even if big changes are made we will always be able to give a special re-tune price to returning customers, just send us an email or give us a call!
Choose the best Etune service to match your tuning needs:
- Base map: Custom Base map calibration made specifically for your exact engine build, bolt on parts and type of fuel. This option also includes 2 Etune revisions based on data logs taken while the engine is running on the custom base map. **Perfect for those who need help getting their engine started safely but plan on taking the car to a local tuner.**
- Bolt on mods: Custom Base map calibration + 15 Etune revisions based on logged data + 30 days unlimited data analysis. **Perfect option for mildly built/modified cars looking to increase power and reliability.
- Race Car: Custom Base map calibration + 25 Etune revisions based on logged data + 90 days unlimited data analysis. **Perfect option for fully built/highly modified cars looking to increase power and reliability with extended data analysis support perfect for those who are actively racing.
- Learn to Tune: Custom Base map calibration + 2 hours 1 on 1 ECU tuning training and private access to our “learn to tune library” full of AEM ECU specific setup and tuning instructions you’ll be able to reference anytime you need them. Live 1 on 1 sessions are focused on customers specific application and data logs + 15 Etune revisions based on logged data + 30 days unlimited data analysis. **Perfect option for anyone interested in learning how to tune their own ECU. This option is specially catered to each individuals needs teaching key data analysis tricks and ECU tuning skills needed to safely calibrate an engine. This “learn to tune” option is quickly becoming one of our most popular Etune services!
Pre Tuning Preparation:
- Boost leak test the car. (This ensures there are no leaks, even a small leak will have a big effect on the tune and cause problems down the road.) Click here to check out a great DIY boost leak tester article and build instructions from a Subaru guy.
- Test for coolant, oil and fuel leaks (because fires are BAD).
- Spark plugs: check you are using the correct heat range plug and that the plug is gapped correctly
- Check your wide band AFR O2 sensor is working correctly and connected to the EMS and or data logger
- Ignition sync AEM series 2 ecu: on most engine you should use a timing light to check that ignition timing at the engine matches the ignition timing value at the EMS. Check out our blog for a full write up to walk you through the AEM Series 2 ECU Ignition sync tuning process.
- Ignition sync AEM Infinity ecu: Check out our blog for a full write up to walk you through the AEM Infinity ECU Ignition sync tuning process.
Commonly used/requested data logs:
***Note*** Each data log should be kept as short as possible (10-20 seconds is normal) Logs should be done in 3rd gear unless otherwise stated. DO NOT do any High throttle pulls or data logs until we have finished tuning the low/mid range throttle ranges.
- Engine start (cold start/engine warm up) this log will be one of the longest logs (logging from cold start to operating temperature).
- Engine start/idle (warm/operating temp) this log is normally ~45 seconds
- Free rev: In neutral slowly increase the throttle to hold 1500, 2000, 2500, 3000, 3500 and 4000rpm for a few seconds each.
- Low throttle (~10% throttle from 1500 to 4000 rpm) **holding throttle steady is the most important factor here, do not change the throttle position during the log.**
- Low throttle (~20% throttle from 1500 to 4000 rpm)**holding throttle steady is the most important factor here, do not change the throttle position during the log.**
- Mid throttle (~40% throttle from 1500 to 5000 rpm)**holding throttle steady is the most important factor here, do not change the throttle position during the log.**
- High throttle (~60% throttle from 2000 to redline)**holding throttle steady is the most important factor here, do not change the throttle position during the log.**
- High throttle (100% throttle from 2500 to redline)**holding throttle steady is the most important factor here, do not change the throttle position during the log.**
Worldwide on site track support, tuning and data analysis:
For those that require on site in person tuning and data analysis support we offer on site tuning trips. On site tuning services are expensed and billed to the customer as follows.
Travel expense + Room and board + Tuning services ($200 per hour, minimum 5 hours)