Porsche E-tune Cobb
A Brewed Pro tune aka E-tune ensures your engine and transmission are running at peak efficiency making reliable power based on fuel type and modifications specific to your build. Engine mods, fuel octane and elevation all play major rolls in how an engine runs, there is no better way to ensure your engine is getting exactly what needs than a custom E-tune. Whether you have a turbo 911 with bolt on mods or a fully built twin turbo GT3 running Ethanol/E85 fuel we are here to support you and your build with tuning and data analysis every step of the way. From the first engine start to the each pass down the drag strip or lap around the track we analyze all the data in order to perfect each tune on every Porsche we work with.
Re-tune and upgraded tune packages: If you purchase a “Bolt on Mods” tune package and then decide to upgrade to a higher level tuning package you can do so at any time and we will apply your original tuning package as a credit towards your upgrade. This saves you time and money making a retune for your Porsche cost effective and fast with no wasted money or time!
Porsche E-tuning works as follows:
- Brewed Motors makes a custom base calibration “Map” for your Cobb AccessPort based on your exact engine mods and emails it to you. Please add your car and all modification details here to our: Etune setup database
- You upload the custom calibration to your AP/car.
- You take the requested Data logs Brewed Motors can walk you through this step and will also tell you exactly what parameters to log and how to drive IE: RPM and Throttle position **you will need to use a nice straight, flat road/surface you can safely do 3rd gear pulls on.**
- Email us your Data Logs
- Brewed revises the calibration based on your data log and emails the new calibration. You can normally expect your updated calibration within 24-48 business hours.
- “Re-Tune” after new parts are installed or new fuel type is used we are here to support with more tuning at a discounted rate for all returning Etune customers. If we already tuned your Porsche and now you have upgraded turbos simply drop us a call or email and we will provide a special “retune” coupon code to help you save $$$ and time retuning your Porsche.
Pre Tuning Preparation for all Porsche:
- Boost leak test the car. (This ensures there are no leaks, even a small leak will have a big effect on the tune and cause problems down the road.) Click here to check out a great DIY boost leak tester article and build instructions from a Subaru guy. Boost leak test is HIGHLY recommend for any turbo Porsche, even a small leak post MAF sensor will lead to big problems and loss of performance.
- Test for coolant, oil and fuel leaks (because overheating and fires are BAD).
- Spark plugs; check you are using the correct heat range plug and that the plug is gapped correctly for your power level.
- Check your wideband O2 sensor is working correctly and providing accurate AFR data.
Commonly used/requested data logs:
***Note*** Each data log should be kept as short as possible (10-20 seconds is normal) Logs should be done in 3rd gear unless otherwise stated. DO NOT do any High throttle pulls or data logs until we have finished tuning the low/mid range throttle ranges.
- Engine start (cold start/engine warm up) this log will be one of the longest logs (logging from cold start to operating temperature).
- Engine start/idle (warm/operating temp) this log is normally ~15 seconds
- Low throttle (~10% throttle from 1500 to 4000 rpm) **holding throttle steady is the most important factor here, do not change the throttle position during the log.**
- Low throttle (~20% throttle from 1500 to 4000 rpm)**holding throttle steady is the most important factor here, do not change the throttle position during the log.**
- Mid throttle (~40% throttle from 1500 to 5000 rpm)**holding throttle steady is the most important factor here, do not change the throttle position during the log.**
- High throttle (~60% throttle from 1500 to redline)**holding throttle steady is the most important factor here, do not change the throttle position during the log.**
- High throttle (100% throttle from 1500 to redline)**holding throttle steady is the most important factor here, do not change the throttle position during the log.**
**All Tuning and Etune services are intended for off road Motorsports use only. Please respect the environment and do not remove emissions equipment from vehicles used on public roads. We also offer a range of Gesi high flow cat equipped down pipes WITH EPA approval to keep your car emissions compliant.
What others are saying
There are no contributions yet.